Friday, February 23, 2007

If at first you don't succeed

If at first you don't succeed, try try again.

Some believe in reincarnation. I'm not sure about "what comes next" after death but have, in my (many many) years on the planet given in some deep, and some not so deep, thought.

One thing I've often said is that when I come back I want to be a house cat. Think about the life of a cat, eat, sleep, nap, repeat. Not a bad gig if I do say so myself. That would have been my choice until yesterday.

Crem set up a web cam so he could watch his dog while at work (or for some reason - who really knows why). Anyway I was watching SASTV (SAS -- short for "short attention span") and here's what I saw this morning.

Dog sleeping on one side of the couch.

Dog moves to other side of couch, sleeps some more.

Dog moves back to other side of couch and cleans paws.

Dog sleeps some more.

And, unlike a cat I wouldn't be expected to eat the occasional mouse that runs by, and unlike a family dog there'd be no kids to pull my tail.

I either need a life like that, or maybe the sloth that the Jena University researchers were studying.

I think I'm needing some time for some rest and relaxation meditative contemplation.

No comments: