Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hair today -- gone tomorrow ....

Back in the old, cold days of January, I wrote in things you might not know that I wanted to grow my hair out to donate for Locks of Love.

Well, I guess my hair must be reading my blog because it finally cooperated.

So now I have a new, short do (however, I do not yet have a picture of myself in the new short do).

I've had interesting reactions.

Chip and Princess both said I look like my sister.

Spouse (and a few other people) said I look younger.

Actually -- if you take those two statements together it's interesting because basically I could be looking "younger," just like my "older" sister.

LOTS of folks said I did and great and wonderful thing. (Let's see, getting too lazy to go get a haircut for a few years -- SUCH a generous spirit I am).

Crem, my best and dearest friend on the planet, said -- well pretty much nothing. He's SUCH a guy. (His talkative, complimentary nature might go a long way toward explaining why he's a such SINGLE guy -- bises Crem -- you know I love you).

When it comes to personal care, I believe in taking care of the basics (you know, brush teeth, shower, put on moisturizer) but I don't go much more than that. And when it comes to my hair I'm pretty much the same way. My hairdresser knows this and has always styled my hair accordingly (wash, brush, GOOOOOOOOOO).

Of course, at this time of year, and in this weather, I pretty much have to use a blow dryer in the morning (I tend to do that if the thermometer is below 0 -- Fahrenheit that it). But this is great -- out of the shower at 7 -- hair dry at 7:05.

Yeah -- I'm such a generous spirit. (Lazy bum more like it).

1 comment:

Alto2 said...

Wow, your hair got long! That's an impressive donation to LOL. Good for you and the amazing gift you'll give to a needy child. That's you, RM, giving away so much of yourself. OTOH, what a thoughtful way to put a positive spin on February for you.