Monday, January 01, 2007

New feature

In an attempt to show a more positive view of life, I've decided that daily I'm going to try to comment on someone or something that I'm grateful for. And, the things in my life that I might be grateful for are important, but the people can appreciate the gratitude more, so while I might occasionally express gratitude for important things (like chocolate) I'll try to more often show appreciation for living things (like folks).

And, since it's the first day of a whole new year there's no time like the present so today I give you my first .....

I'm grateful for ..........

Now, some might thing I might start with something big and important and close to my life, like perhaps Spouse -- but his birthday is later this month so I think I'll wait on that, and I'll have a bit of a twist.

I am grateful to Mimi of The Family Blender. A few things.

1) She got me (and others on my on my moms list) started on this whole blog thing. It's a trip ...

2) If you've seen my last post she inspired me to do the pictorial music video, and also helped me figure it out.

3) She has a great philosophy of parenting. While I'm not sure I agree completely 100% of the time (though offhand I can't think of anytime I've actually disagreed with her) she always has insights. Mimi, your "blender tips" are not exclusively useful to only blended families. Most of us can use those ideas.

4) Back in October 2002, in a hotel room in Florida she made a short, yet powerful comment. I try to keep it close to my heart in appropriate situations.

5) Her "head and ass are wired together." (HEY -- her hubby said it first, I'm just quoting an old Marine). I'm going to try to make that one of my goals for 2007.

She might be a couple (or more) years younger than me. When I grow up I wanna be like her.

(And I'm not just saying that. Though if you read her blog you know that you do not want to be on her bad side.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad others recognize her strong character and appreciate her as much as I do. You are also a strong admirable character and I'm proud to call you a friend.

I haved linked your journal to mine; I hope that's OK with you. If it's not, let me know and I'll remove it immediately.
Hugs,
R

Sock Girl said...

I love the idea of a gratitude blog. And you picked a great first entry with Mimi.

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks Mary! I feel so special now. :) I remember that hotel room conversation. And I'm really glad you think I have my head and my ass wired together, too.