Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I'm grateful for ...

Today, I'm grateful for

CHOCOLATE!!!

I know I said that I direct this more toward people, and I likely will but I think this fits after yesterday's 5% blog.

1) Chocolate is warmth in winter -- think about it, it's the most logical thought after kids come in from playing in the snow. And after walking fuzzy at night I sometimes enjoy a warm cup of hot chocolate, albeit with a shot of Irish cream.

2) Chocolate is celebration -- other than fasting holidays, most holidays incorporate chocolate. I mean where would Valentine's day be without the chocolate heart, and then there's Easter with the eggs, Hanukkah with the gelt, Halloween, Christmas. Chocolate is a celebration. Hmmmmm I wonder if I should start marketing chocolate groundhogs. (Okay -- the summer holidays don't have much chocolate, but let's face it -- chocolate melts.

3) Chocolate does melt -- hot fudge on top of ice cream. Chocolate syrup can find many uses - nuff said.

4) Chocolate lifts a mood -- and as Crem could tell you during tax season, chocolate is "my drug of choice."

5) Chocolate is an aphrodisaic -- now I don't think I can find a reference to chocolate as an aphrodisaic but I'll tell you one thing. If some hot guy came up to me with some really good chocolate. I'm just saying.

I'm drinking my coffee this morning with my favorite mug "Love is all I need ---- but I'll settle for chocolate. I think I'll put in some chocolate syrup today.

1 comment:

Alto2 said...

Ah, chocolate. PMS's best friend. I loved your post about resolutions. Too funny. Today, I'm grateful for your wisdom.