Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I guess I'm not really all that

This morning I was out shoveling snow. I had fuzzybutt with me off leash (as the tie out was buried under the snow that I was shoveling).

I was out there for about 15 minutes and he was doing absolutely fine hanging out close to me. Not in the way, but still on our turf. All was well until .....

Trackchick came out from next door. Trackchick is in 5th grade and in addition to having her backpack, she had her lunchbox. Trackchick starts heading to the bus with Fuzzybutt following close behind. I managed to get him back but then, a little while later Trackchick backtracked home because she had forgotten her Valentines. So now Trackchick is heading out not only with lunch but also with snacks. Fuzzy had no chance at this point it time. He was off to the bus. Luckily Cowtipper was out and wasn't going to let Fuzzybutt get past her so eventually I got him by the collar and dragged him home.

I might be able to take priority over a kid, or a neighbor, or even lunch, but NOT Valentine Treats.

Happy Valentine's day to all. May your love not run away from you.

No comments: