Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Food for thought -- 2008

I was listening to
The Tavis Smiley Show
today from Public Radio International. The candidacy of Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois was discussed. I met Spouse and Princess for lunch, and I was just sort of wondering what difference it makes to the people of a state if "their" candidate becomes President. Spouse pointed out then every time candidate comes "home" it makes a mess (think motorcades on the Kennedy Expressway -- do we really need that).

And then we started talking about the press corp following Mr. President around.

Back in the day - heading out to visit the Kennedys at Hyannisport didn't seem such a bad trip



And going to Kennebunkport to visit George H.W. Bush wasn't a bad place to visit.



But something tells me that Chicago's south shore would be missing some of the charisma of the above.



I wonder if the press ever takes things like this into consideration when making endorsements?????

No comments: