Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A few questions remain

Ran across an article on Reuters. I'll put the link here, but I've got some excerpts below:
Some advice to take to heart -- take a nap
Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:07 AM
ET CHICAGO, Feb 12 (Reuters Life!) -
Regular naps are good for your heart,researchers said on Monday. A six-year study of nearly 24,000 Greek adults found those who regularly took midday naps lowered their risk of dying from heart disease by more than a third.
...

The same conclusion could not be made for working women because of a limited number of subjects.

I suppose they couldn't find any women with time to take a nap??

Unlike previous studies that have produced mixed findings on the heart benefits of napping, this study controlled for the effect from smoking, diet and exercise.

© Reuters 2007.

A few questions remain ...

Why couldn't they find enough women subjects? I mean seriously someone calls me up and says "we need to do a study on naps and we need you to take a nap 3 days a week" I'd be on that like white on rice honey. (We must all do our part to further scientific study)

Also - are people that take naps less likely to have heart problems? OR are people that are more likely to take naps less likely to have heart problems. (If you're the type that will take a time out, maybe you're less likely to get overstressed).

I've done some thinking about this, and I've come to a conclusion. This merits further contemplation on my part -- and I'll do that. Just after my nap.

z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z

No comments: