Friday, January 26, 2007

What do you DO all day (boring)



I own a business. Someone once asked me what I do all day and I likened it to this guy ...














It often seems I'm running around trying to keep everything moving before it all falls and crashes.



Friday I told Spouse that I needed a hand this morning. I've been telling him (for weeks) that I'm stretched out and exhausted. Friday morning this is what I did (might be in a different order, and I'm sure things are missing) ...




  1. Proof three returns from Thursday night. (In my office, nothing goes anywhere without two sets of eyes looking at it. Any of us can make mistakes, but around here we seldom have two people make the same mistake).

  2. Check email

  3. Say "hi" to client and get him sat down with preparer

  4. Find out prep#1 computer was broken

  5. Get client and preparer situation in other cubicle

  6. Fix prep#1 computer (monitor was flaky)

  7. Dress waver #1

  8. Find the banners, stands, and all the parts.

  9. Get a water refill.

  10. Drag water bottles around

  11. Make coffee for waver #1

  12. See building maintenance guy about fixing the GAP under the front door (don't need to heat the town)


I don't remember all the details exactly, but that was all in a period of about 15-20 minutes. The next few hours was sort of a "more of the same." I was thinking of trying to keep a list, but I never had time.Basically, my goal in life is to keep moving, and make sure that the plates don't come crashing down.

Chip & Princess' school is having their biennial dinner dance/fundraiser in a few weeks. The theme is "honky tonk" so I went to Rhapsody and typed in Honky Tonk to see what happened. Among other things I came across a song by Trace Adkins


But all I can do, is all I can do and I keep on tryin
And all I can be is all I can be
and I keep on tryin
There's always a mountain in front of me,
Seems I'm always climbin and fallin and climbin
But I keep on tryin

Trace Adkins

AH well -- life is life.


No comments: