Saturday, January 27, 2007

Change in attitude -- without a change in latitude

I'm (trying) to learn to take care of myself. Sometimes some of my "peeps" (more on some of them later) help to remind me.


This week, Crem was out of town for a few days and I picked him up from the airport. Which, at first glance might have seemed crazy but I put it this way ---


from my point of view .... makes me get out of the store -makes me spend time away from my kids

from Crem's point of view ... there's a 75% chance that I'd be cuter than the taxi driver, and there's a 60% chance that my car smells better than the taxi (actually higher than that cause my kids haven't been in the car lately leaving banana peels or 1/2 eaten yogurt containers).


Where's the downside?


So after picking him up I hadn't eaten, he hadn't eaten but it was too late for "dinner" dinner so we went to get some nosh and such :}. He'd already gotten quite lubed enough both with his boss after the presentation and on the plane, but ......


Anyway - as geography would have it, it was not at all inconvenient to make a stop on the way home ...at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Where they have not too bad food and really really good libations.

I now have a new love in my life, and

Today I'm grateful for ...


Chocolate martinis ... Bailey's, Amaretto, Kahlua, cream, chocolate, vodka.

Where's the downside? I'm just sayin ...

Which, of course brings to mind the words of one of my favorite philosophers ...

With these changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes
Nothing remains quite the same
With all of our running and all of our cunning
If we couln't laugh we just would go insane
If we weren't all crazy we would go insane .........

No comments: