Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The birthday boy

Today I'm grateful for

Spouse



Okay -- I wasn't being neglectful of Spouse by waiting this many days into this theme -- I just figured I'd wait until his birthday (since I knew it was coming up).

Spouse and I are not alike. Actually though we compliment each other in a grand variety of ways. For instance, I tend to procrastinate -- and at least with Spouse around I never have to worry about the phone or electricity getting turned off because I just didn't get around to paying the bills. He makes sure all that stuff is up to date.

Spouse loads *and* unloads the dishwasher.

Spouse takes out the garbage (and remembers every week)

Spouse always folds the laundry (and washes the laundry during tax season).

NOW - some make look at say "hey that's all just everyday stuff what's that about" but the other day I was reading The Dilbert Blog. Scott Adams A few days ago he did a Romance surveyRomance survey, and got 381 responses (I did NOT read all of them). He was surprised by the number of people that considered simple household chores to be romantic. I guess he hasn't been married that long. Those simple little everyday things might not seem like much.

Spouse does not insist he read my blog (he doesn't even know where to find it). I'd go bonkers if I lived with someone that needed to know everything I did, everywhere I went, and everything I said. I'd be like bouncing off the walls.

And I'm really grateful to Spouse because, after he reads this, he's going to see how much I love him, how much I need him, and he's going to make a doctor's appointment to have a checkup and make sure he doesn't have sleep apnea. Because as much as I sometimes think he's a pain, he's my pain and I want him to stick around for a long time.





1 comment:

Alto2 said...

Same comment I made to our Irish friend when she wrote about her spouse: show him this letter. Share your feelings with him and let him know how much you appreciate and love him. They all can be enormous pains in the neck, but they give meaning and dimension to our lives. And we love them. Happy Birthday, Spouse. Now, go get that job!