Monday, January 22, 2007

some things work, some things don't

Unless you live under a rock, you might know that the Chicago Bears are the NFC champs and are going to the Stupid (I mean SUPER) Bowl.

This is not significant to my life, but Spouse and Chip care. On Stupid Bowl Sunday I will go to the annual chili supper, eat chili, visit with the other people that don't much care about the game, and run into the TV room whenever a commercial comes on.

THAT said -- I noticed a few things around today.

THIS I think is cute (wonder where he got it)




This doesn't work for me.



And this REALLY doesn't work for me.





I mean, I don't know much really or care much really about football. But pink just doesn't seem to go with "Monsters of the Midway." (Then again, neither does the name "Lovie Smith," which when put together with the word "bear" brings an image like this

not an image like this.

I'm just saying.

(Though -- that said I can see Christina in a pink fitted Chargers shirt.)

1 comment:

Alto2 said...

It seems to me that you could make the Super Bowl that much more tolerable with a Guiness or two. And, of course, The Spouse must furnish those.