Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Gals are pals

Today I'm grateful for ...

mll at Are We There Yet. I've met her a few times and she's a great lady.

We've roomed together at our moms group reunion and she's fun to chat with (but she's not a late night person.

She has a good head on her shoulder -- especially when it comes to this entire mom gig.

She's very open -- a refreshingly honest person.

I've had to travel to near her town on business a couple of times, and while there I've had to hang out with TAX people. It's refreshing to be able to spend some time away from the tax (work) folks and hang out with real people (and I love the restaurant we met at last time).

But MOSTLY today (actually yesterday) I was grateful because she is one of the queens of the Internet bargain.

A week or so ago Coldwater Creek was having a sale -- if you looked at their website they said "60% off everything" but a woman from my mom's group pointed out that actually it was 70% off, and mll gave us the secret code.

The day before yesterday the big box arrived.

Yesterday I went out to lunch and there was an accident requiring me to run home and change clothes before going back to work.

Ah yes -- I was appreciating mll at that point in time. (Share a room - saves me money -- points out sales - saves me money)

See, now you know what it takes to win my gratitude. It's not "show me the money, honey" it's "save me the money, honey."

1 comment:

MLL said...

LOL.......awwww, I'm touched :-)
Mine arrived too. Everything fits!!! DH could not believe I got all those clothes (2 nice pants, 1 short sleeve shirt, 1 glittery 3/4 sleeve blouse, a blazer, a 2-piece velour jogging set, and a necklace for under $100. Including shipping.