Saturday, January 13, 2007

Call me yuppie snob

Today I'm grateful for .......

bottled water.

In my office, we have a water cooler with Ice Mountain. At home I have a Britta water filter. Often when it's on sale I'll buy a 24 pack of bottled water. My favorites are

Dasani
Ice Mountain
Aquafina.

I do not like Dannon.

Now, I know some (many) people that say that it's just water and all water is the same. Well maybe and that's fine (and cheaper) for them if they think so. Personally I don't agree. I happened to grow up in the Chicago area (and live here) and I can tell you that the water gets a certain -- scent :} in the summer. So I'm glad for the bottled water, and I drink it even when I'm not in a different country.

I figure that when I compare the amount of money I spend on bottled water to what the rest of my family spends on soda (which instead of having no nutritional value actually has a negative nutritional value).

And not only am I grateful for bottled water, I'm also grateful that I'm caught up and now only have to worry about one a day.

1 comment:

Alto2 said...

I'm not a big fan of bottled water, although I drink it occasionally. I'm just as happy with a glass of ice water from the refrigerator door. Aquafina has some off-tastes to me, but the one I really dislike is Evian. Frog-water.