Sunday, January 28, 2007

Hometown kid

Hometown kid makes good. Evan Lysacek is the US Men's National Figure Skating Champion



Two things I can't get my mind around ....

I've watched Men's figure skating (athletic bodies -- form fitting clothing -- where's the downside??). I've seen some very good skaters but I can not wrap my brain around the entire quad/triple combo. Seven revolutions in the time it takes me to blink??? WOW!!!

In order to find a picture of Lysacek I had to dig around. Because on the hometown paper website you'd think you might find it. NOPE??? What about the Chicago papers?? Trib?? Sun Times? NOPE!!

Why not -- because forgoshsake. LAST weeks the Bears won a football game and NEXT week they're going to play another so heaven forbid they take out any of the photo space they have in the papers to report any OTHER sporting events.

No comments: