Thursday, January 18, 2007

Cee Cee





When I was very young, I could not pronounce my sister's name, so I called her CeeCee (I'm not sure how that was spelled Cee Cee, SeaSea, C.C. -- heck I was like 3 or something).

Today I'm grateful for

CeeCee.

My sister is a bit older than me (and I'll never let her forget that simple fact). And she's a whole lot smarter than me (and, when we were in school, the nuns would never let me forget that fact.)

  1. My sister has a sense of flare and style and color that I will never have. On the day that the fashion genes were being handed out, I don't know where I was. There have been times when my sister has helped me out with wardrobe, makeup, etc. But I really plan to use this quality when it comes to Princess. Princess adores Auntie CeeCee, and the feeling is mutual. I'm sure there will come a time in my daughter's life when she needs guidance in things like fashion and makeup and all that girlie stuff. I'll be glad CeeCee is around, cause I won't be much use to Princess.

  2. I like wine, I really do, but I don't know squat about wine. CeeCee is a wine connoisseur (wine snob?? drunk??) She's actually going so far as to start taking Sommelier classes. I'm amazed at how wicked hard those classes are. You need to sip some wine and tell what altitude of what side of what mountain in France the grapes were taken from or something like that. Next time Spouse takes me to an upscale restaurant I'll respect the Sommelier more, and tip him (or her) well (note, we've been married since 93 -- I think we've been to one restaurant that had a Sommelier). Even though sis is a wine snob, she doesn't treat me like a wine idiot, but she does try to guide me in trying to figure out not only what I like, but why I like it. Maybe someday I'll even understand what the difference is between an "oak" and "berry" nose.

  3. I know that as long as sis is around, if it all falls apart I have a place to go. Not that that will happen but it's nice to have that insurance policy. It'll come in handy after my spouse kicks me out on the street after I shoot him for snoring.

  4. CeeCee is a wicked good cook. I mean absolutely fabulously awesome. I grant if you ever end up at her house for dinner, you will eat really really yummy food. I try to be a good cook, but I am a humble Padawan comparatively.

  5. She keeps the family together. I love my brother dearly, and he loves me, but neither my brother or I are likely to remember to call each other and get together.

  6. I'm lucky to have family I get along with that is not insane

Happy Birthday sis.

No comments: