Saturday, July 14, 2007

Order of the Phoenix -- impressions after 2 viewings

We saw the movie at the midnight release and then a day later Chip *WON* two tickets to another showing for Saturday so ---- I mean what else could we do??

Anyway, now that I've seen it twice I have a few impressions

One thing that always disappoints me about the movies is that they can never match the books. I understand that there's not enough time in 2+ hours to catch everything. They do sort of "fill in" the books for me. For instance, now I have a much better picture in my mind of Luna Lovegood. And let me say that I *LOVE* Evanna Lynch (I think Chip thinks I have a "girl crush" on her). She catches that dreamy/spacey quality of Luna so well. Don't worry, you're just as sane as me. Kudos to casting on THAT casting call.

No quidditch :^(. Didn't get to hear "Weasley is our King".

Jason Isaacs -- WOW -- I really hated him as Lucius Malfoy in this movie - I mean I LOVE the way that Jason Isaacs portrayed Lucius Malfoy and made me hate Lucius. Now lets everybody just calm down... shall we?

Now I might have disliked Mr. Malfoy -- but Umbridge really got my goat (or Centaur in this case). Pure evil. I kept trying to think that maybe if the Ministry really thought that Dumbledore was waging a war against the ministry that might excuse some of her behavior but I couldn't forget that (from the book) she had ordered the dementor attack on Harry. I can't find an excuse for that.

I'm thinking Tonks for Halloween.

What follows is a spoiler for those that have not seen movie 5 AND have not READ book 6.

Cornelius Fudge resigned as Minister of Magic (it was a headline of the Prophet that passed by). Book 6 starts with the introduction of the new Minister of Magic. I've loved Robert Hardy since he was Siegfried Farnon in All Creatures Great and Small.
I'm going to miss him in the Potter movies.

BYE BYE Siegfried (though I wouldn't cry if somehow Peter Davison managed to get cast in an HP movie).

No comments: