Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The Great Flooring Project of 2007 -- TM version

I often send text messages to Crem -- hey what's a best friend for other than to bother with the mundane details of my life.

Anyway -- I thought it might be interesting to look at the flooring project from the perspective of my text messages.

06/15/07 11:40 a.m
RM: I emailed a picture to [your work] and [other address]. If you have time I'd like a phone consult.

We were having trouble trying to figure out how to fit the flooring under the door jam. We did eventually figure it out. Also, while doing the dining room, we learned a lot of tricks to use when we got to the living room. Crem actually had a grand idea -- but we used a different idea (that didn't involve purchase of a power tool).


06/16/07 4:19 p.m.
RM: You know that puzzle with the 15 pieces and the 16 slots, well we are trying to get the 16th piece in

I think Crem sent a message (that I didn't save) about cutting of the tongue and groove stuff and using glue.

06/16/07 5:01 p.m.
RM: Hey it's true what they say great minds think alike, that's what *I* said. But I also pointed out that a box of flooring was still much cheaper than an install.

06/16/07 5:02 p.m.
RM: I said even if he tries something and screws it up *I* won't be mad.

06/16/07 6:20 p.m.
RM: He shoulda oughta done the thing with the glue. But I said I wouldn't get mad cause he is doing enough of that for the both of us.

06/16/07 6:23 p.m.
RM: Need to go to [grandma's] so tune in tomorrow for the next episode of "As the Floor Installs." hopefully it will be the last dining room episode.

(that was the end of the dining room episode).

06/24/07 4:27 p.m.
RM: I would love to show you my coffee table and see if you have inexpen$ive restoration ideas.

I've had this coffee table since 1982 -- I got it from someone who had it for a few years, and SHE got it second hand. So it's been around awhile and it's STURDY. But it's also been throught the mill and I'm trying to figure a way to make it look pretty again. I had a picture of it on my camera (that I showed Crem that day when the families went out to dinner) but AMAZINGLY enough, I erased the picture from my camera before downloading it. I mean who'd think that I wouldn't have a picture of the damage to a 30 year old coffee table.

07/04/2007 5:52 p.m.
RM: Bloody git. "me: there is the problem" "him: lets try this & this & this" 20 min later "OH there is the problem" ya think? Bloody stubborn git.

OKAY - so sometimes Spouse takes a while to see things my way the right way. And I can vent to Spouse -- but sometimes we just need to not talk about it and I can vent in other directions.

With any luck, tomorrow should be the final "install"ment of the living room version. Then it's move all the furniture back into the living room, and do the same thing all over again with the family room.

Christina -- PLEASE tell me how much I'll love it when it's all done.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Considering that yesterday SP said to me "Wow, your floors look so good!" I can promise you that it will all be worth it.