Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's not my fault man


Excerpts from this article are below ...

Is Shrek bad for your kid's health?
May 24, 2007

By MIKE MITCHELL Staff Writer

Shrek might be making your children fat.

Shrek can be seen on boxes of sugary cereals, pops, juice drinks, M&Ms, McDonald's Happy Meals and even Cheetos that make your tongue turn green - all foods that nutrition experts consider major contributors to obesity in America.


The article goes on to talking about kids begging mom for (non nutritional) Shrek cereal.

Now, I don't know about where you go grocery shopping, but where I shop most of the products have nutritional information on labels, which I'm capable of reading. Also, when I get to the check out counter, I am pulling out my credit and spending my money. Shrek ain't there buying my groceries.

So -- I guess what I'm saying is that if it's MY money that's going to buy the groceries (or the Happy Meals or whatever), well then I guess

"the buck stops here."

2 comments:

Alto2 said...

OK, I confess. Last weekend, Shrek made my kids and 30 others fat. We had WT's birthday party at the movies, "Shrek The Third," and gave each child a snack pack of popcorn, soda, and candy. Then we had sundaes at the ice cream shop next door. Our party favors had Shrek M&Ms in them.

It totally is my fault, woman.

Mary said...

And guess what alto2, I've read your "other" blog and I happen to know that often times you feed your family good food choices. Plus, I saw a recent picture of WT, and he's looking pretty good.

(And I know your attitude enough that (a) you are not going to get suckered into any marketing gimmicks, and you are not going to let your kids tell you what to do).

Course, I realized that it doesn't really matter much in my life, because I know I shop at Trader Joe's more frequently, and there ain't no Shrek packaging there.